|Monday to Saturday
|9.00am to 5.00pm
Occupying a prominent position beside the Royal Square are the impressive premises of E.J. Gallichan, Jersey's oldest jewellers. The historic building is regarded as a notable landmark with its distinctive brass edged shop front and wall mounted clock. It has been the home of business for over 168 years.
Very little has changed since... those early days when Gallichan's opened as a watchmakers and Jewellers in 1845. The Premises maybe larger with a wider range of stock, but the shop still retains all its old world charm and friendly, personal service.
The business was started by Jean Gallichan who was succeeded by his son Edward. As he had no heirs, the business was sold and the present company formed in 1856.
The shop stayed open during the Occupation but as the Germans bought all the silverware, trade was mainly in second hand items such as spoons. As there was no heating or electricity, shop hours in winter were from 10 am to 3 pm.
Today, there is always a fabulous selection of jewellery including the latest design wedding bands, engagement and eternity rings and beautiful examples of pearl jewellery including freshwater cultured pearls from China and sea cultured pearls from Japan, Tahiti and South Sea Islands.
Watch brands include Maurice Lacroix and Jean Pierre and Victorianox Swiss Army has been introduced into this already exclusive collection. Silver, gold and gold plate pocket watches are also available, new or antique.
Most items bought at Gallichans can be engraved as this is all part of the service.
Other services include jewellery repairs, watch and clock repairs, silver repairs and restoration. There is also a trophy service which includes supply, engraving and repair and restoration of old trophies. Full and free quotes/estimates given. All items retail at EX VAT.